November 8 - 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

November 8 - 14

Post by Wlonnie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:39 pm

For this week's assignment, you have to write a short story containing a character from one of your favourite childhood cartoons. It can be between 500 and 2,000 words long. Have fun!

By Melody.
Wlonnie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: November 8 - 14

Post by Melody on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Pie Crust Promises

“No, Bob.”
“Come on, it's for the kids.”
“I said no.” Larry the cucumber pushed a large tuba back into its case. “They'll laugh at me.”
“No they won't,” Bob the tomato said reassuringly, pulling the tuba back out. “I promise.”
“Well...okay. But they'd better not laugh, or you'll be in big trouble!”
“They won't.” Bob held out the tuba to Larry. He reluctantly accepted the instrument.
Stepping out onto a large white platform, Larry began to blow into the tuba. It produced a low, but catchy, note. Bob began to sing.
“If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile. If you like to waltz with potatoes, up and down the produce aisle. Have we got a show for you!”
Suddenly, more vegetables began to fill the stage. They were of all shapes, sizes, and colors. There was squash, asparagus, and  Together, they sang a repeated chorus of “VeggieTales”. Bob continued singing.
“Broccoli! Celery! Gotta be—” Together, they all sang “VeggieTales!”
A small asparagus began to sing “Lima beans! Collard greens! Peachy keen!”
“VeggieTales!” they all shouted.
“Cauliflower! Sweet and sour! Half and hour!”
“VeggieTales!” the all shouted again.
The song continued for a few more lines. When they finished, Larry was out of breath. His head swam from a lack of oxygen. Before he could help himself, he fell over backwards, the tuba landing on top of him. Flower petals that had somehow been stored inside the instrument before rained down him.
A round of laughter erupted from the audience of children. Although he had no mirror, Larry was sure his cheeks were the same shade as Bob. Bright red.
Bob rushed over to help Larry up.
“I though you said they wouldn't laugh at me!” Larry said. He had intended to whisper, but instead almost shouted it. He struggled to keep his voice steady.
“I'm sorry,” Bob said sheepishly. “I didn't think they would. And besides, how was I to know that you were going to fall over!”
“That is not the point,” Larry responded, picking himself up and walking of the stage, still trying to maintain some amount of dignity.
Another round of laughter erupted from the crowd. Larry could hear Bob clearing his throat. Looking down, Larry saw that there was a flower petal still stuck to his backside. Ripping it off, he ran the rest of the way off the stage. A hot, cucumbery tear threatened to fall down his face.
He slammed the door to his dressing room. Falling into bed, he buried himself under the covers. After only a few moments had passed, he heard a gentle knocking on his door.
“I'm sorry, Larry,” Bob said softly.
“Go away.”
“I shouldn't have made that promise,” Bob said, ignoring his request. “I guess I knew they might laugh. But we really needed you to do the show. You're the only vegetable we have that can play a tuba. But it was wrong of my to make a pie crust promise just to get you to do the show. I am sorry.”
“You're right, you should never have made a pie crust promise,” Larry replied.
There was an awkward moment of silence.
“Bob?”
“Yes, Larry?”
“What's a pie crust promise?”
Larry wasn't sure if he heard a slight chuckle from Bob outside his door.
“A pie crust promise,” he explained, “is when you make make a promise that you can't keep, or that you don't plan on keeping.”
“You mean like the time I promised I wouldn't annoy you anymore if you left me host the show by myself for an episode?”
“Yes, like that.”
This time Larry was sure he heard a chuckle.
“I forgive you,” he told his friend. Getting up, he opened the door. “Just don't make anymore pie crust promises, okay?”
“Okay,” Bob agreed.
“Well, what are we waiting for?” Larry asked. “We have a show to finish.”
Melody

View user profile https://writeon.amazon.com/read/story/Melody_Brocke_Shera/amzn1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wlonnie on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:32 pm

The Story of Thomas Amarallo

Only in Alaxtria did the grass grow pink and the larks chirp in perfect harmony. Of course, it was also the only land to host an array of fleece-winged beetles and silver-scaled pegasi. Thomas Amarallo was six years old when he first visited Alaxtria by himself. His parents had been called away by the summoning of an unscheduled meeting, and little Thomas (though most called him Tommy) was sent away to a babysitter in the magical country. The babysitter his parents had chosen was a young woman of eighteen years. She and Tommy got along well, and when it came to having adventures together, the two made the perfect team.
On the first day that Tommy and Sarah (for that was the babysitter’s name) spent together, the older decided that a trip to the fuzzy frog garden would be delightful. They took a multi-coloured train to the spot and spent the afternoon chasing fuzzy yellow frogs. Tommy exclaimed that the adventure had been a blast. By the time it was imperative to get back to Sarah’s for lunch, Tommy had caught eighteen frogs and named them after his favourite cartoon characters. Some of the frogs’ names were Dora, Optimus Prime, Daisy, Cleo, and Christopher Robin.
After their lunch, Sarah took Tommy for a ride in a carriage pulled by two silver-scaled pegasi. The experience was breath-taking, and was the last grand adventure of the day. Upon returning home, Sarah learned that she had lost her hat, but one of the magic garden gnomes gave her a new one. She tucked little Tommy into bed and stayed up to a time that only adults stayed up to doing algebra homework. During those hours, all magic in Alaxtria died.
For the next two days, Sarah and Tommy had nonstop adventures in the wonderful land before them. When Tommy’s parents returned and came to take him home, it was a sad moment for both the little boy and his babysitter. They had come to enjoy each others’ company, and knew that adventures without their friend wouldn’t be the same. But alas, the Amarallo family had to go, so Tommy bid Sarah goodbye and promised that he would return to the magical land of Alaxtria once again.
But he didn’t. For as Tommy grew older, the business his parents owned became a weightier responsibility in his life. It wasn’t until his parents had passed on and he owned the family business that he realized he had made no time for friendships. Tommy was now Mr. Thomas Amarallo Junior, and his days were full of endless paperwork and business dealings with the manufacturing companies spread across the country. He was rich, he was successful, and he was held in high esteem; but even with all of that lavish praise, Tommy was lonely. He spent more nights awake and miserable than he got a good night’s rest, and the toll it took on his body was eating him alive. He knew that if he wanted to go on, something had to change. Upon visiting a doctor, he was given the advice to spend time in Alaxtria – the land he had not visited since he was a child.
Upon his arrival in Alaxtria, Tommy found that the beautiful country had become even more beautiful since he’d left. Tommy was aghast. How could it be that the world of his dreams had been sitting right beside him all of his life, yet he’d never found the time to visit it again? He could practically feel the joy and life soaking up in his soul the longer he spent time in Alaxtria.
“You decided to come back after all.” The voice he’d heard so many times in his dreams woke Tommy up during a midday slumber on the dull pink grass of a park. He sat up and groaned, stretching his old muscles, and turned his head to see the smiling weathered face before him.
“Sarah,” Tommy looked at her. “You haven’t change a bit.”
She laughed. “Other than the wrinkles and grey hair, no, I suppose not. What about you, Tommy? Have you changed?”
The old man smiled and looked towards the sky. The Alaxtrian clouds glazed the sunrays, making them appear purple and blue and orange in the sky. “Yes, Sarah. Yes, I believe I have.”
Wlonnie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natarsha on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:53 am

The TV fizzes and buzzes and cuts off completely leaving me with a black screen with no emotion. “MUUUUUUMMMM!!!” I shout at the top of my lungs, she comes running in “What is it Emma?” she says sighing “The TV died. And now I can’t watch Dora the Explorer” I whine like the four-year-old I am, with a flash of lighting and a lions roar I was sucked into the TV like Dorothy was taken away in the tornado that hit Kansas. I land in the animated world, surround by trees and a lake. I head on down a path not knowing where I’m going. I stumble across a monkey and a young girl
“Hey? Do you mind telling me where I am?” I ask as I approach them “Oh you must be Emma!” The young girl states

“Yeap that’s me?” I say un-easily “I’m Dora and this is my monkey Boots” she says with a smile “oh I know now!” I say shocked

“Well come with us on an adventure? We've been waiting for you” I smile and nod and we set off down the path to begin our adventure.

Sorry for it being so short, i have no ideas!

Natarsha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top