Knights of the Pen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct. 17 - 24

5 posters

Go down

Oct. 17 - 24 Empty Oct. 17 - 24

Post by JustJosh Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:32 am

In this challenge you must write science fiction story. But not just any sci-fi, that'd be boring. The story must include the character Robin Hood. He can be anywhere in the story. Through the whole thing, just popping in to say hi, however you want. Have fun.
JustJosh
JustJosh

Back to top Go down

Oct. 17 - 24 Empty Re: Oct. 17 - 24

Post by Wlonnie Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Nebula Diver No. 108479
Personnel Officer's Log - William Sheriff
587024-AX10

He was here again, that brute from Loxley Moon. It's been the third time this month that he's stolen from our mining fleet, and I'm darned right sick of it. He's always in and out minutes before our sensors pick him up. I'm beginning to suspect that these are inside jobs. Interviews with Johann Klein and Xyron Graker will be conducted within the hour. I will find this R-bin of Loxley, no matter what the cost.
           On a more security-based note, two crew officers were found in possession of crystalline stimulants. The officers were incinerated on site, and the drugs were taken to a confiscation portal. I do not tolerate illegality on my worksite, and neither do my superiors; Emperor J, especially. Grace and riches to the Emperor.
           Our company's goals for the next week are simple and concise. We will double the mining quota thanks to the new droids ordered, we will survey the diver for mechanics updates and crew loyalties, and we will find and incinerate R-bin. The latest shipments have already been settled and exported.
           Sheriff out.
Wlonnie
Wlonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by JustJosh Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Standing here, the breeze rushing through my luscious hair ... aaaahhh ... yes, this is the life, my friends. Up on this massive building ... with my buddies. All my archer buddies. Yeah, I may or may not have started this ‘archer squad’ thing. Ok, yeah I did. Ahem. My name is Robin. Robin Hood. Behind me are my 2 buddies: Oliver Queen, also known as ‘Green Arrow’, and Clint Barton, also known as ‘Hawkeye’.
They’re my new merry men, since all my old friends are dead.
“We’re not you’re merry men!”
... Yeah, that’s the funny thing. I woke up from my lovely little nap- Ok, ok, I was knocked out. Some ‘lowlife punk’, as they’re called nowadays, hit me in the head when I wasn’t looking, and I woke up here. Here, with ... so much ... well, everything. Massive buildings, amazing food, magic touch boxes, or iPads, as they’re called. Both my friends use them. I don’t understand them. Don’t wish to. Anyways, you might ask why we’re standing on this magnificent building? Well, we’re about to jump down and attack some metallic man. Oh yeah, that’s another new thing. Robots. Particularly evil robots. This one they call ‘Ultron’. He’s attacking innocent strangers and destroying this beautifully massive city. But we’re not the only ones fighting. There’s a team here. A team known as ‘The Avengers’. Although, I’m not quite sure what or who they’re avenging. Ah well, doesn’t matter. Another metal man (don’t worry kids, he’s one of the good guys). He’s known as ‘Iron Man’. There’s this blonde, bearded carpenter with a magic hammer- Oh, he’s not a carpenter? Then why the hammer? ... Oh well. Then there’s an ancient man who definitely doesn’t show his fatigue. He was frozen for, oh, about 70 years. Quite the nap. Similar to mine, except I wasn’t enslaved in the arctic prison like he was. Anyways, then there’s a big green guy. Needs anger management classes. Poor fellow. There’s a leather covered ninja woman, a man that moves so fast I can’t keep track of him, and his twins sister. She moves things around with her mind. Quite creepy if you ask me. So yes, we are fighting this mad robot and all his clones and saving this city. And we will win. So, until then, have yourselves a merry little day, and do your best to avoid iPads. They’re way too confusing. GERONIMO!

Author’s Note: And that my friends is how ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’ should really go.
JustJosh
JustJosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:04 pm

TBH, I'm really unhappy with this piece. the story didn't come together at all how I wanted it to... I feel I could have done a lot better plot wise but.. at the same time was trying my best to avoid the cliches, along with keeping it short enough for the assignment, yet long enough for the plot to be at least somewhat understandable... anyways, here it is.

Locksley spun around his duel Westar-34 blaster pistols before bringing them up to bear.
“We’re going in hot,” Locksley whispered before signaling the countdown to his partner. Robert was currently a part of his team, an interesting candidate seeing how he was wanted in over thirty planets across the galaxy for arson and the bombing of strategic intelligence in numerous systems.
Robert nodded in acknowledgement.
Three, two, one.
Robert hit the trigger, blowing clean through the three feet of durasteel.
Locksley was in the moment the door had blown off. Raising his due blasters, he kept his cool above the audible ring of post shock explosion.
Within seconds the room was filled with a colorful array of flashing lights as the smell of burnt slag slowly rose from the highly secured facility. The droids present spun about just in time to see the face of the intruder before being brutally mutilated by the barrage of bolts sent in by both Locksley and his companion. After only a few minutes had passed, the room returned to silence as the last standing guards were but a pile of bolts.
“Well, now you can say you’ve broken into the Eternity Vault,” mocked Locksley as Robert went in to do the recon work.
“Please, we’ve barely penetrated the first level.”
“And already, there is something here of interest?”
The Eternity Vault was a massive collection of top secret facilities where the Old Republic had kept all the things they’d deemed too dangerous for the galaxy’s well being.
Robert walked over to a pedestal, which had been placed in the center of the room. Atop it sat a cube shaped crystalline object, a holocron no doubt. Robert scooped it up and placed it within his numerous pouches and jackets that he wore about him at all times. His eyes lit up as he turned around to face his partner. “Let’s go.”
Locksley was quick to follow him out of the corridor and back out the way they’d came.
“Is everything alright?” Ahsla inquired through the comm units.
“Everything is just fine, we’ve retrieved the artifact.”
“Good, hold your position once you exit the Vault. We are en route now.”
Locksley killed the comms on his end, making sure no one else could hear the conversation. “Is this the artifact you were talking about?” Locksley asked.
Robert once more produced the crystalline cube from his many pockets. “you mean the one that can alter time and reality? There’s only one way to find out.”
Locksley’s furrowed his brow as to his options. “Very well, open it up.”
The cube hummed to life a moment later, dark energies surging from its tips. “You have found the Holocron of Saes Rrogon, the Sith Lord who travelled five thousand years into the future in order to kill his master. The following details contain all the information I’ve come to accumulate on the essence of time travel and the infinity gates.”
Lockleys eye’s grew wide at the mention of the last two subjects. “Perhaps this does carry the answers after all…”
“What answers?” Robert asked.
“The answers on how to return home.”
The hum of an A-Class Destroyer could be heard landing outside.
“They’re here, boy.”
“You know the back up plan, you said you rigged the explosives yourself, did you not?” Locksley nodded in the direction of the ship. Robert had taken extra security precautions by rigging the destroyer with explosives before they’d been dropped off almost seven miles away.
“You know they’ll want the holocron,” Robert paused before adding, “and I’ll want my pay.”
Locksley closed his eyes. He thought of his friends back home, of his men, and of his king. Most importantly, he thought of Eleanor, the woman he loved. He realized what had to be done in order to make it back. In order to reverse the curse, much would have to be sacrificed. He knew he would never be the same Locksley, as they all once knew. But he had to return, even if it cost him his life in the process.
Turning to Robert, Locksley smiled. “Thanks.”
Before the other could react, the expert marksman placed a six-inch hole of slag in his chest. Robert fell to his knees before dropping to the ground.
The Destroyer, now fully landed, extended its boarding ramp onto the planet’s dry surface. Ashla came out, followed by two Tionese bodyguards, each armed to the teeth.
“Hello, Robin. Do you have what we came for?” she asked in her sing-song voice.
Robin swallowed before looking up. “I do.”
“Any reason as to why you killed your partner?” she queried.
In less than a second, both the guards lay dead beside her as the barrel of Robin’s right pistol let off a thin trail of smoke.
“Well, it appears I’ve underestimated you, Robin.”
His eyes stared defiantly into hers. “I’ll be keeping the holocron.”
“Ah… now that, Mr. Locksley I’m afraid I cannot let you do.”
Ashla produced a lightsaber into each hand, both which blazed red at her indication.
“I know your thoughts, Locksley.”
Robin shook his head; he could tell she was in there.
If you want to get home, you’ll have to get through me first.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kotp.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natarsha Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:53 am

Before (Dream):

“I think John Green said it best, I’m in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labour has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you. We don’t get to choose if we get hurt in this world Clara, but we do have some say in who hurts you. And I like my choices” He said as he smiled I can see the crinkles in the corner of his eyes as he began to kneel on the ground, as the rain crashed down harder while he quoted my favourite book, tears sprung to my eyes as he continues.

“Clara Oswald…” He began as he pulled a box from his pocket, on one knee in the rain.

“I love you so much and I would love to be with you forever, your smile makes my heart melt and you’re the most talented, beautiful and graceful girl I have ever meet and you make me so happy, so I must ask one thing” He took a deep breath and opened the box, I looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

“Will you do me the honour of being my wife?” I full on cry my makeup running down my face, drenched from head to toe I hug him.

“Yes of course, I love you so much” he pulls away from the hug to slip the most beautiful ring I have ever seen on my finger, I kiss him in the rain as it crashes down harder than before, but I don’t care I love him.

Now:

I wake up my heart pounding in my chest as I realise the dream that had overcome me the night before…. Me? Clara Oswald, liking even loving the wretched new math teacher Danny Pink, who might I add makes my life a living hell. I shake the horrid thought from my mind and look out the window of my flat…. Is that who I think it is? No can’t be, is that… Robin Hood? I rub my eyes and look again to see an old man. I get up and dressed and head to school to be greeted by the one and only Danny Pink, “Hello Clara, you look beautiful as always” he smiles and opens the door for me.

“Um thank you? Is this some sort of joke?” I ask rudely

“No of course not love, why would it be?” he smiles and kisses my cheek before he heads to class.

I stand in the hall way bewildered “What is going on” I mumble to myself.

I find myself searching for answers, I ran down the hall seeing I don’t have a class first period and I head out side to full on run into… Robin Hood?

“Oh uh, sorry? Wait aren’t you supposed to be in a book or something?” I ask not noticing my surroundings “Well you’re in Storybrooke mam” he says, I look around “Oh…my”

I look around me shocked and speechless “But this is a TV show I can’t be here in Storybrooke, oh my, someone pinch me this must be a dream” I say unable to comprehend what is going on. All of the sudden I feel a sharp pinch on my arm “Ouch!” I look at the culprit to find myself not in my room but the nurses.

“What happened…?” I ask the nurse “You hit your head pretty badly so I called your husband” She says as she checks on me “My whaty?” I look at my hand sure enough was a ring, but I had only being seeing him for a couple of months, the door creaks open and he walks in “Are you okay?”
Natarsha
Natarsha

Back to top Go down

Oct. 17 - 24 Empty The Gift

Post by Melody Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:19 pm

The Gift

The air is cold. A heavy silence fills the room, louder than any sound could be. I stare at the wall; the blue paint is chipped and faded. We are poor. We always have been. Ever since the Old World  crumbled, and their political system failed them, a new power arose. “The Guardians” as they like to call themselves. They should be called Thieves and Murderers—it would be fitting. They rule the country with an iron claw, favouring the few who can benefit them somehow. The rest? We are left to fend for ourselves.

I rise from my chair, pulling my worn blanket tightly around my upper body. For the last year, it has been only Charlene and me. She is my baby sister. Our parents starved to death early last year, making sure we got all the food. I had tried to refuse it, but I was so hungry. And they were so insistent. My father had died first, worn away by the hard labour he was forced to endure without pay. My mother had watched him wither away before she too became a victim of this country leading death cause. Of course, officially hunger is never the cause, never put on the death report. Hypothermia or heart failure usually is.

I lift up Charlene from here little bed. She must be freezing. The wind howls outside, barely kept out by the cardboard and blankets I have piled up against the wall. Outside the snow twirls and churns. Christmas is not far off. I can't help but wish I could afford a present for Charlene. But that would be impossible. It is hard enough to buy and hunt enough food to sustain us. More likely than not, we will be going hungry this Christmas.

If the window had not been broken and stuffed with cardboard, I would be able to see the city lights. Out there, everyone is warm. They have the best of technology—robots to do their biding, tv sets that operate on voice command, and most importantly, food. They are the one percent of the population that they favour, although no one seems to know why. Rumours run wild, but none completely explain it in my eyes.
I can resist—I full back the corner of the cardboard. The wet paper tears in my hand. A burst of cold air hits me, causing the baby to cry. A do my best to soothe her. The lights outside shine as steadily as ever, dimmed slightly by the howling storm. I don't know why, but I just stand there, watching. Charlene snuggles up to me, tugging on a stand of my long hair.

Something changes. There aren’t as many lights. One of the buildings had blacked out.

It is just the storm, I tell myself.

I stuff the cardboard back into the window. I walk over to the fire and add another log. There are two left. The fire will not make the night. In this weather, I cannot afford to go get more wood. I snuggled back into my chair with my little sister. Almost without realizing it, I begin to drift off to sleep.

A banging sound awakens me. I get up, putting Charlene into her crib. I open the door. A figure stands in my doorway, wrapped in so much clothing I cannot tell who it is.

“Come in,” I say, before I can think about it.

“Thank you,” the figure says. It's a mans voice.

The first thing I notice is the weapon. Not a laser gun as I would expect, but an old fashioned bow. He pulls off his hood. He has dark hair and eyes. I'm not sure how, but I know that he is somehow behind the blackout.

“Please, Ma'am. I need a place to spend the night.”

“Who are you?” I demand, ignoring his request.

“My name is Robin, although some call me Robin Hood.”

“Robin Hood? That is impossible,” I scoff. “He is no more than an Old World legend."

“Not so,” he says. “It is true that I come from the Old World, but through a strange turn of events, I find myself in the future. I have been her for five years now.”

“You caused that blackout didn't you?” I ask.

Before he can answer, the baby begins crying again. I scoop her up.

“I did,” he admits. He caused them pain. He can't be all bad, I decide.

Robin takes out a small sack from his pocket. It clinks as if there is metal in it. He pours out the contents onto the small table. Gold. “I have more; plenty more. It is only fair that I repay you for you hospitality.”

It is going to be a merry Christmas after all.
Melody
Melody

https://writeon.amazon.com/read/story/Melody_Brocke_Shera/amzn1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum